Sunday, August 1, 2010

My strengths are my flaws.

There are those who see my qualities as flaws: they will only see them as flaws, and nothing more; they will likely move on, or attempt to make my life hell. I am not afraid of moving on, and I can lose touch easily. Those who doubt me, despise me, or reject me no longer provide me with fear... only pity for their loss.

Those who see my qualities as strengths: they are likely to stick around, bolster me, and make me better. They are the persons who can criticize me, and I won't rid myself of them, because I'll have respect for their opinions. Those who embrace me, care for me, and accept me for who I am [crazy as all hell] provide me with the strength and courage to fight for a better future... they will always have my respect.

It's still possible that I may lose touch with my friends due to unforeseen circumstances, or simply distance, but if we were to ever cross paths again, in all likelihood, dinner would be served and conversation would be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment